Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Well, hello there.

I've been thinking about procuring a blog devoted to my pop culture-related thoughts for a while now. In fact, that was meant to be this blog's purpose. However, I soon realized that I don't have the discipline to keep a blog singularly focused in such a way. So, for my inaugural post, I thought I'd talk about our cat.


This, my friends, is Midna. Midna is a Virgo from Comstock Park, Michigan. So named for the shadowy helper character in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, since we acquired her last Saturday, she already has a clearly defined list of likes and dislikes.


Her most notable like is this thing, a stick with felt strings attached to the end. Take it out, and she goes crazy. We have some replacement strings for when it's completely mutilated (i.e., Friday).


Midna is also a fan of my laptop and, specifically, the keyboard. She has learned how to refresh pages, search blogs, turn music on, off, and up, and instant message Scott.


Mostly, though, she likes Scott.


And she likes me. Dislikes include the Dustbuster and, on occasion, being left in her room alone.

It's worth noting that I've wanted a cat my entire life. However, my father and one of my older brothers are allergic, so there was no way for me to have one, and the most time I ever spent with cats was at friends' houses or Petsmart, where adopt-a-kitties sit behind plated glass and paw at onlookers. Scott, who also prefers cats to dogs, promised that we'd get a cat eventually after we got married and lo and behold, we went to the Kent County Animal Shelter last weekend with Elizabeth the cat-adopting veteran in tow. Within a day, we were the proud owners of our three month old, 2.4 pound, pure black with a single white spot kitten.

And she comes at a perfect time. Until last week, I was working at a terrific company as an intern in their marketing department. Now, I'm on the job hunt again, and having a furry anti-depressant around is a great pick me up whenever necessary.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo happy that you have a beautiful black kitty! I saw so many of those adorable little black kittens when I volunteered at the Kent County Animal Shelter. I'm so happy that you guys took one home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete