Thursday, July 8, 2010

PC0Something: Immediate Emmy Reactions

Things That Bother Me

Community gets snubbed completely, the only comedy in NBC's Thursday night lineup that gets absolutely nothing, and Jon Cryer takes a spot Donald Glover or Danny Pudi should have had

Glee gets nominated for about 15 more awards than it should (I'll excuse a couple acting nods)

Thing That Downright Confuses Me

Warehouse 13 inexplicably appears somewhere on the list

Things I'll Admit Make Me Happy

Lost gets just as much recognition as it deserves, including acting nominations for more than one of my favorite performers on the show (Elizabeth Mitchell included)
Modern Family gets a number of acting nods
NPH appears on the list more than once

I don't know if you noticed, but I couldn't be more miffed/flummoxed/bummed about the Community snub. (Let's not even get to the glaring lack of HIMYM.) In my mind, it's quickly become the highlight of NBC Thursdays. Missing the Paintball episode ... really, guys? It makes me want to watch tonight's marathon just to prove my allegiance and air my grievance all at once. (That rhymed!) AND I THINK I WILL.

Oh, addendum: sometime this month, I'm planning a renewed commentary on the Twilight saga (that's correct), a revisit to the theme of strong girls on film, and at least one other PC entry. They will probably not be entirely politically correct, despite their unofficial title.

In sum, I love Community, I like some actors and stuff, and Warehouse 13 got nominated for an Emmy.

Also, Jamie Bamber is going to be at DragonCon. This, and Scott's return from the land of conferences and monuments, is my consolation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment