Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Back & Me, Jobs

Christy's Back: Good afternoon, Christy.

Christy: Is it, Back? Is it?

Christy's Back: What's wrong, Christy?

Christy: Well, Back, I have a bone to pick with you.

Christy's Back: And what's that?

Christy: Simply put, you're killing me. The lower right portion of you, specifically. It's hurting me. I can't even do back exercises without pain shooting through my side.

Christy's Back: Shouldn't you be grateful for an excuse to just sit there all day, doing precious little?

Christy: Actually, no, I shouldn't. Look, Back, you know I'm trying to lose weight. You also know that I can't do cardio when you're doing this to me.

Christy's Back: What if I told you I'm just trying to ease you back into exercising every day?

Christy: I wouldn't believe you.

Christy's Back: Touche.

Christy: Can we settle this tomorrow or Thursday? I'm pretty fat.

Christy's Back: Don't say that.

Christy: Fine. I'm not. But my BMI--

Christy's Back: You know that's a flawed system.

Christy: You always have a way of making me feel better, Back. Except the part where you're still killing me.

Christy's Back: I do what I can, Christy. I do what I can.

-

I applied for a job I'd quite like this week. I seriously doubt I'll get it, but it's good practice to keep applying for that kind of position. Unemployment doesn't suit me. I'm much more fulfilled when I feel like I'm doing something for some demographic, no matter how obscure. So, here's hoping and praying that something comes up again. For now, I'll write about file extensions, read books, and maybe even watch Buffy again. The possibilities are ... well, they're somewhat limited, but all of them are perfectly acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you have conversations with your body parts too : ) Don't you just love how they are always so sassy?

    ReplyDelete